Reflexology is the technique of applying gentle pressure to the reflexes on the feet & hands in order to bring about a state of deep relaxation, stimulate the body’s own healing processes & help a person return to a state of balance & well-being.
Reflexology is applied to treat the whole person instead of individual ailments or symptoms & is one of the most effective forms of preventative healthcare.
It is based on the ancient principle of energy zones which run through the body. Reflex areas in the feet correspond to parts of the body; by working on these points a reflexologist can release energy blockages & restore the free flow of energy to the whole body.
Reflexology is said to have originated in china some 5000 years ago, when pressure therapy was used to correct energy fields in the body. The earliest example of foot & hand reflexology is a painting found in the Mastaba (early pyramid) of Ankhmahor, the pharaoh’s vizier, which dates from 2330 B.C. It was not until around 1913 that the therapy was introduced to the west by an American ear, nose & throat consultant, Dr. William Fitzgerald.
Reflexology will leave you feeling totally relaxed & in a state of well-being. Each treatment lasts about an hour & multiple treatments have an accumulative effect as part of a bespoke programme.
Reflexology can help with a range of ailments:
- back pain
- sleep disorders
- hormonal imbalances
- sports injuries
- digestive disorders
- stress-related conditions
Specific beneficial effects include:
- stress & anxiety relief
- alleviation of stress-related health problems
- deep relaxation & well being
- pain relief
- improved circulation & elimination
- nerve stimulation
- human touch interaction
- improvement/bolstering of the immune system
- stimulation of the body’s own healing mechanisms
- assisting post-operative recovery
- clearing the body of toxins & waste products
Beneficial effects for pregnant mothers include:
- helping to alleviate pregnancy related problems including backache, constipation, heartburn & gas
- helping the mother return to their pre-pregnancy weight
- reducing the chances of post natal depression
more info on Reflexology for Fertility and Pregnancy.
Therapists offering Reflexology:
|Dahnen Murdanaigum||Didi Cooper||Emma Tubmen|
|Reflexology - 60 Minutes|
For full details see our Price List.