Sports Massage Brixton
Sports Massage is a therapeutic treatment for anyone who has sport injuries and are treated by specially trained massage therapists. Sports activities are a regular way of life for many of us now, and involve people from across all age groups from those who have an avid interest to those who just wish to keep fit; from the elite professional to the casual participant.
Many of the injuries are the result of overuse i.e. playing too hard and too often e.g. tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, and biceps tendinitis, or from not warming up properly beforehand or not cooling down after exercise.
Sometimes incorrect equipment can lead to injury - ill-fitting footwear can cause hip, knee and foot injury (e.g. Achilles injuries).
Reduced joint flexibility will affect the degree of performance and may result in injury if the player is unaware that they cannot perform to the same level as they used to, for example golfers who cannot turn at the waist as well as they used to, and the enthusiastic older footballer whose knees do not bend as well as they once did.
Young people especially are vulnerable in sport as their growing bodies are often expected to perform to high standards and are putting exceptional physical demands on themselves.
The good news is that although sports injuries are common, those who are fit tend to recover more quickly and easily from their injuries.
All our sports massage therapists have carried out additional training to treat sports related injuries. Most are active sports men and women themselves and understand the needs of the client to return to training as quickly as possible.
They will be able to diagnose and treat most sports related injuries. They have the required experience and training to know when to to refer to a more specialist therapist such as an osteopath or physio.
Please phone us for advice
BOOK NOW on 020 7733 9944
- Begin slowly and build up, especially after an injury.
- Warm up first, and then cool down with stretches afterward.
- Drink plenty of water when exercising
- Exercise regularly, and try to alternate the types of exercise that you are doing every day.
- Following a joint injury apply ice to the area for 10 minutes, every hour, if practical. Apply a bandage to compress the tissues. Elevate and rest if possible.
Therapist(s) offering Sports Massage :
|Patricia Wojkowski||Dahnen Murdanaigum||Jennie Duck|
|Massage - Sports - 60 Minutes|
For full details see our Price List.
Back Pain? Free Spinal Check (Limited Time Offer)
* Currently and for a limited period at Brixton Therapy Centre we are offering you the opportunity to have a free spinal check with our ProBack Pulse machine.
Call Now On 020 7733 9944 to Book Your Free Spinal Check